A business card is an easiest and effective way of representing your brand and providing contact information. It acts as a connection between you and your client when it handed over to the client personally or send it via e-mail. A good business card should be the one that is hard to throw away or forget. Clients will always remember you once you have handed over your business card to them.
Business cards combine several elements—company logo and contact information such as website street addresses, telephone number(s), fax number, e-mail addresses. Now they may also have social media addresses.
Like if your company is into a particular product or service, it would be advisable to go for a full-color photograph that will fulfill your need, as the full photograph will be catchy enough for your client to remember.
Samples of Business Card
While business card design, make the document size of 3.75″ wide x 2.25″ i.e., include the bleed area also so that it can be trimmed to standard size including the bleed. There are so many samples of business cards.
Business Card Calendar
A calendar is printed on the backside of the normal business card or it can be printed on a business card magnet so that people may use your business card regularly for calendar reference.
Gray-scale Business card
It is simple and classy. It does not require a color printer and is easy on printer toner.
Dual Colour Business Card
This card simply uses two different colors for an effective impression. Of course, colors can be easily changed as per requirement. It certainly looks more professional.
Multi-Colour Business Card
The selection of different color scheme is most important in multi-color business cards. You must be cautious in the selection of colors that will blend with each other.
Single Colour Business Card
Sample business cards are simple but very effective. The purpose of using only one color is to separate primary information like company name, your name, and designation from the secondary one. While this card will give a very modern and elegant look with an off-center white block. Yet the effect will still be strong.
Full Colour Business Card
Since most of the business cards are white in color, this colorful business card will definitely stick outfits look very bold. While changing the color scheme, go for monochromatic colors.
Why we Need the Business Card Template?
They say ‘First impression is the last impression’.
Many of you may have asked the question of why we need business cards in this digital era. Well, let us discussed the importance of the business cards sample.
Whenever you have a business meeting with someone, ask for the business card. It will not only help you to have a physical record but you will also remember the credentials of that person in the future. For example, if you meet someone, you will not remember Jon Wilkes, Project Manager, Hill International Wall, etc. Business cards in this way to find new business partnerships, new business opportunities, and even job opportunities. It helps you to increase and strengthen your network. When you hand over you’re a business card, it marks how professional you are.
They may not know the product or other details of your business, but in the time of need, they will try to remember you through your business card.
Still, some of you may have a doubt why you have a design business card when you can always store the information on your smartphone. But tapping on your phone in a personal business meet may not look professional. Because here you are looking down and not making any eye contact or sharing a smile which definitely adds a few negative points on you. Also, the information on Business cards is willing to share. But when you ask for the details you want to save on your smartphone, your client may find it uncomfortable to share.
It may even be possible that your client may not have a smartphone with him at the time of the meeting.
Business cards are very economical and can be carried wherever you want to go. You just have to keep them in your wallet, pockets, or laptop bags, so they will be ready to use at your will.
Digital marketing, e-mail marketing, search engine optimization, they all do great jobs to attract customers. But they are still inefficient when compared to a firm handshake and exchange of the business card in-person.
They consider it a high honor in the exchange of business cards. While in Hong Kong, you should not offer your business card in return, if you received one from them. It will offend them and that will be the business with them. So they are proved essential while making deals in some countries/situations/cultures. In the U.S. and U.K., businessmen use their business cards simply for networking to share their current contact information with their clients.
Type of business you are into or want to be in will decide what goes on your business card. For a large company, formats are already predefined. But you may always create your own.
Its always good to be precise in the information you want to put on the card and it is better if its kept minimum to avoid the confusion of words and numbers. Name of company, your name, your job title along with work mail, business phone number, and web site is all that you need on the business card. You may also provide the location if its important to mention.
You can always try various styles. But it is sensible to go for the traditional way and leave the back blank so that every information gets noticed. Printing your business card in standard size will always be helpful as it will not have a problem of storage if it does not fit in a wallet or cardholder.
The selection of correct material is the first step towards the creation of professional and beautiful business cards. Most people randomly select the material or reference to the local supplier. As the widely known choice of business card material is paper, you must consider a few important parameters.
- The card’s design, budget, colors, and the Client’s impression are the specifications of the card stocks to be printed.
- You must also consider the life span of the card, the business you want to promote, basic design or heavy graphics or textural details, one or two side printing. Thick stock is always preferred. But it should not cost you more than your budget.
- Thick stock will be more suitable for double-sided business cards as it will help to hold the ink.
- Matte paper provides you easy view in all lighting conditions and is mostly preferred where content reding is vital. Whereas Glossy paper is highly reflective and is great for high definition printing. But it is not effective for handling and reading. Luster or silk paper is in between the matte and glossy paper.
- Now last but not least is the printer. For glossy and textured business cards inkjet printer will perform well, while matte paper will go with a laser printer.
If you search business card templates on the internet, you will find ten thousand of it. Even if you go to the local suppliers, they will also provide you thousand cards. Now you will definitely get confused with so many options. To make ie easier for you so that it will not be an annoying task for you, let’s make a list of features and benefits for you to select the best suitable template for you.
- Business card templates should have good printing quality for the selected template. So high-resolution imagery is preferred that will be optimized for high printing quality.
- A good business card should represent the required details effectively. There are so many editable templates that can be downloaded so that you can customize your business card easily with company details, logos, your name, etc.
- For a creative professional or agency, the business card must depict creativity. So from your business card, the client will get the idea of creativity.
- The business card template should be selected as per the profession and the amount of information to be shared via this card to the client. So after finalizing the basic requirement, try similar options available with different colors and themes which will make your card unique.
- You can always seek the help of professional printing services to avoid confusion. But always ask for the sample before going for the printing of your Business card.
Business Card Templates formats
While designing the business templates, we need to strictly follow something. That will help you to convert the piece of paper into the business card. How this single business card printing will help to grow your business.
Contact information on the business card must be correct and direct. Only then, people will contact you as you have told them how. Sharing your personal contact number or email address seems very unprofessional. Similarly including your location or physical address on a business card depends on the kind of business you are into. For a person who is providing online services, physical address information will not be of any use to the client.
- Social Media Profile: Add social media profiles in your business card. You need not add all the profiles you have on social media. But you must include them in your business card, as social media is the third eye of your customer. It will help in both traditional and virtual businesses. You should strategically select social media links to get maximum benefits.
- Empty Space: Empty space or white space is so important. Yes, it is! Your business card should not be over flooded with the numbers or words or graphics. It should have some empty space of its own. It is not required to be in white color only.
- Creativity: Last but not the list. Creativity. Mentioning all your information accurately as discussed above is easy work, but to add the touch of creativity is all that matters. Without it, your business card will be boring and will be lost easily in a bunch of other business cards. No one will be contacted as a first choice. Display your creativity in such a way that your business card will speak for your job title. Get Creative. Let them say that I contacted you first as I like your business card the most. I am impressed. If you want your creative business card then hire the graphic designer and share your views. I think your thoughts will convert into a fruitful product.
This card looks clean and simple. It looks so professional with a simple front and back. This is one of the samples that look classic as well as professional. Depending upon the business domain you can see the variety in the business card. Sometimes just by observing the business card, you will get an idea of what type of business they are doing. If someone is interested to make a deal with you then at that time they will refer that card. This is how the business card helps you with the client engagements.
The business card also tells you the brand value of your business. Don’t add so many colors in the business card. Depending upon the domain of your business, you can create your business card accordingly. This is how the business card will help you t grow your network as well as business connectivity. A business card is the main part of your business. That’s why its design is an important part. Here we have provided various samples, important ingredients of making the business card template. You can customize your business card accordingly as per your choice. I hope this article is helpful and you can create a dynamic business card in the future.
What Information Should Be On Your Business Card?
Here are a few important tips to transform a piece of paper into a business card. So it will always represent you and your company or business.
- Logo and Tagline
It is very important to add a logo and tagline to your business card. Like business cards, the logo along with the tagline is the identity of your company. They are also very catchy. In the future, whenever you will share your business card, the client can easily sort it out by just looking for the logo. So in a way, you will be always on your client’s mind for the prospective or current business opportunities.
- Your name and Job
If you are called by a different name in your professional surroundings, that name should be on your business to avoid further misunderstanding and clarifications. The job title on your business card should always show your main function in the business. You may multitask the other operations but always mention your main function.
I hope, this article would be very good for you, If you have any queries or issues regarding this article please share this with us. Please keep visiting for more updates.